Sen. Joseph Lieberman writing book about Sabbath
NEW YORK (AP) - February 3, 2011 (WPVI) -- Sen. Joseph Lieberman is working on a book about his Jewish faith.
Simon & Schuster's Howard Books division announced Thursday that "Gift of Rest" will come out in August. Co-written by David Klinghoffer, the book is a reflection on Lieberman's observance of the Jewish Sabbath, a day of rest.
The 68-year-old Lieberman, a longtime Connecticut Democrat re-elected as an independent in 2006, recently announced he would not run in 2012. As Al Gore's running mate in 2000, he narrowly missed becoming the first Jewish vice president.
u.s. senate, writers, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Prosecutors: 4 held in deadly NJ mall carjacking
- Record Warmth!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Arrest in death of retired Villanova professor
- Police investigate tire slashings in South Philadelphia
- Police investigate truck accident on Roosevelt Boulevard
- Police investigate double shooting in Mantua
- 3 rescued after car plunges into Delaware pond
- Multi-vehicle crash on Schuylkill Expressway
- Runway littered with holiday mail
- Student robbed at gunpoint inside Philly school
- Missing 2-year-old found, mom's ex-boyfriend arrested
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish