Sen. Joseph Lieberman writing book about Sabbath
NEW YORK (AP) - February 3, 2011 (WPVI) -- Sen. Joseph Lieberman is working on a book about his Jewish faith.
Simon & Schuster's Howard Books division announced Thursday that "Gift of Rest" will come out in August. Co-written by David Klinghoffer, the book is a reflection on Lieberman's observance of the Jewish Sabbath, a day of rest.
The 68-year-old Lieberman, a longtime Connecticut Democrat re-elected as an independent in 2006, recently announced he would not run in 2012. As Al Gore's running mate in 2000, he narrowly missed becoming the first Jewish vice president.
u.s. senate, writers, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Man targeted in Collingdale hit-and-run ID'd
- Easter Sunshine Sunday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Armed robbery at Target on Roosevelt Boulevard
- Elderly man struck, killed in Rhawnhurst
- Sex assault on West Chester University campus
- Missing boater in Del. River ID'd, search called off
- Crimefighters: Reward in Camden drive-thru murder
- Divers pull more bodies from South Korean ferry
- No cause yet in 7-alarm Sea Isle City fire
- Good Samaritans help nab alleged purse snatchers
- Ohio couple married 70 years die 15 hours apart
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police