Christie Brinkley to go into 'Chicago' on Broadway
NEW YORK (AP) - February 7, 2011 (WPVI) -- The Tony Award-winning hit musical "Chicago" is getting a supermodel makeover - Christie Brinkley is joining the Broadway cast.
Brinkley will appear as the jailed killer Roxie Hart for an 11-week engagement from April 4 to June 19 at the Ambassador Theatre on 49th Street.
The 57-year-old model made her acting debut in 1983 opposite Chevy Chase in "National Lampoon's Vacation" and its 1997 sequel, "Vegas Vacation."
She also appeared on NBC's "Mad About You" and hosted Lifetime Television's InStyle Celebrity Weddings.
Brinkley is the latest to play Roxie in the hit musical, now in its 15th year on Broadway. Others include Brooke Shields, Sandy Duncan, Marilu Henner, Bebe Neuwirth, Ashlee Simpson, Michelle Williams and Melanie Griffith.
new york city, christie brinkley, musical theater, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Temple University cuts 7 intercollegiate sports
- Periods of rain today, getting cooler
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Hit and run victim found near Wilmington road
- Would-be robber stabbed; suspect's mom talks
- Grandmother sentenced in Pa. baby's 2009 death 55 min ago
- Funeral for Nelson Mandela to be held Dec. 15th
- Photos: Nelson Mandela: Through the years
- Center City rape victim speaks to Action News
- Police question suspect in Christmas package theft
- Pa. man gets probation for 105 animals in mobile home
- Feds accused of targeting minorities in stash house stings