Christie Brinkley to go into 'Chicago' on Broadway
NEW YORK (AP) - February 7, 2011 (WPVI) -- The Tony Award-winning hit musical "Chicago" is getting a supermodel makeover - Christie Brinkley is joining the Broadway cast.
Brinkley will appear as the jailed killer Roxie Hart for an 11-week engagement from April 4 to June 19 at the Ambassador Theatre on 49th Street.
The 57-year-old model made her acting debut in 1983 opposite Chevy Chase in "National Lampoon's Vacation" and its 1997 sequel, "Vegas Vacation."
She also appeared on NBC's "Mad About You" and hosted Lifetime Television's InStyle Celebrity Weddings.
Brinkley is the latest to play Roxie in the hit musical, now in its 15th year on Broadway. Others include Brooke Shields, Sandy Duncan, Marilu Henner, Bebe Neuwirth, Ashlee Simpson, Michelle Williams and Melanie Griffith.
new york city, christie brinkley, musical theater, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- Brief Surge of Mild Air
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Gas leak, evacuations reported in Frankford
- Man,90, dies in Hamilton Township house fire
- Partial house collapse in Strawberry Mansion
- 2 injured in NJ Turnpike crash in Mt. Laurel
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom
- Vietnam vet's therapy dog missing in Lehigh Valley
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos