Security guard dies in crash on 'NCIS' set in LA
VALENCIA, Calif. (AP) - February 9, 2011 (WPVI) -- Authorities say a security guard on the Los Angeles County set of the CBS television show "NCIS" has died after being struck by a van whose driver apparently blacked out.
Sheriff's Sgt. Michael Konecny says the van had just dropped off passengers Wednesday in Valencia when the driver suffered an unspecified medical condition and it accelerated suddenly, striking the guard.
The victim, who was not immediately identified, was pronounced dead at a hospital.
CBS released a statement offering condolences to the victim's family and friends.
The network says production on the show has been suspended while investigators try to determine what caused the accident.
"NCIS," a drama about Naval criminal investigators, premiered in 2003.
cbs, california, accident, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Target confirms breach; up to 40M affected 15 min ago
- Turning Milder
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Man dies in fast-moving blaze in New Castle Co.
- Police search for suspects in religious store robbery
- Jewelry thieves target Montgomery Co. open houses
- Elderly couple's life savings stolen in Media
- Purse snatcher at Willow Grove Mall caught on camera
- Police: Man shoots self on SEPTA bus
- $6M counterfeit check ring busted in Phila.
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- Video: Christmas tree comes to life in school prank 11 min ago
- Barbara Walters' Most Fascinating Person revealed
- Target confirms breach; up to 40M affected
15 min ago
- Christmas tree comes to life in school prank
11 min ago