Security guard dies in crash on 'NCIS' set in LA
VALENCIA, Calif. (AP) - February 9, 2011 (WPVI) -- Authorities say a security guard on the Los Angeles County set of the CBS television show "NCIS" has died after being struck by a van whose driver apparently blacked out.
Sheriff's Sgt. Michael Konecny says the van had just dropped off passengers Wednesday in Valencia when the driver suffered an unspecified medical condition and it accelerated suddenly, striking the guard.
The victim, who was not immediately identified, was pronounced dead at a hospital.
CBS released a statement offering condolences to the victim's family and friends.
The network says production on the show has been suspended while investigators try to determine what caused the accident.
"NCIS," a drama about Naval criminal investigators, premiered in 2003.
cbs, california, accident, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Detectives serve warrants at Chester police station
- Mostly sunny, very windy today 58 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Man critical after police-involved shooting 55 min ago
- Fire damages corner store in North Phila. 45 min ago
- 3 shot during funeral at Trenton church
- Serial burglar strikes South Phila. businesses
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Middle Township crash
- 6abc viewer helps police nab $18K jewelry suspect
- Arrest warrant issued in Collingdale hit-and-run
- Police release surveillance of Target heist
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- What would you ask Mayor Nutter?
- Man critical after police-involved shooting
55 min ago
- Fire damages corner store in North Phila.
45 min ago
- Dying dog in Canada has bucket list
51 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos