Underwood: husband's trade 'exciting opportunity'
NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) - February 10, 2011 (WPVI) -- So long, long distance. Newlyweds Carrie Underwood and NHL player Mike Fisher soon will be living together full time in Nashville.
The Ottawa Senators traded Fisher to the Nashville Predators for two draft picks.
Underwood tells The Associated Press in a statement that they will both miss Ottawa.
She says Fisher has been a big part of the community, and she'll never forget how they welcomed her with open arms.
The two have been splitting time between the two cities since they were married last July. Nashville is Underwood's adopted hometown since winning "American Idol" in 2005 and launching her country music career.
She says they consider the trade an exciting opportunity for Fisher and that she supports him wherever he plays.
Fisher could play for the Preds Saturday.
carrie underwood, tennessee, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Target confirms breach; up to 40M affected 31 min ago
- Turning Milder
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Man dies in fast-moving blaze in New Castle Co. 6 min ago
- Police search for suspects in religious store robbery
- Jewelry thieves target Montgomery Co. open houses
- Elderly couple's life savings stolen in Media
- Purse snatcher at Willow Grove Mall caught on camera 11 min ago
- Police: Man shoots self on SEPTA bus
- $6M counterfeit check ring busted in Phila.
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- Barbara Walters' Most Fascinating Person revealed
- Video: Christmas tree comes to life in school prank 27 min ago
- Target confirms breach; up to 40M affected
31 min ago
- Man dies in fast-moving blaze in New Castle...
6 min ago
- Purse snatcher at Willow Grove Mall caught...
11 min ago