Underwood: husband's trade 'exciting opportunity'
NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) - February 10, 2011 (WPVI) -- So long, long distance. Newlyweds Carrie Underwood and NHL player Mike Fisher soon will be living together full time in Nashville.
The Ottawa Senators traded Fisher to the Nashville Predators for two draft picks.
Underwood tells The Associated Press in a statement that they will both miss Ottawa.
She says Fisher has been a big part of the community, and she'll never forget how they welcomed her with open arms.
The two have been splitting time between the two cities since they were married last July. Nashville is Underwood's adopted hometown since winning "American Idol" in 2005 and launching her country music career.
She says they consider the trade an exciting opportunity for Fisher and that she supports him wherever he plays.
Fisher could play for the Preds Saturday.
carrie underwood, tennessee, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids 40 min ago
- Freeze Warning overnight
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Delco man missing after leaving medical facility
- Mom sought after daughter, 11, shot and killed
- All-clear given after Liberty H.S. lockdown
- Ferry sinks off South Korea; 6 dead, 290 missing
- Voorhees police need help identifying this man
- Burlco man charged in brother's hit-and-run death
- Boy dies after Mayfair drowning incident
- Chestnut Hill College student found dead
- Made In America Festival in Philly and LA
- Photos: Royal family kicks off tour of Australia