Underwood: husband's trade 'exciting opportunity'
NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) - February 10, 2011 (WPVI) -- So long, long distance. Newlyweds Carrie Underwood and NHL player Mike Fisher soon will be living together full time in Nashville.
The Ottawa Senators traded Fisher to the Nashville Predators for two draft picks.
Underwood tells The Associated Press in a statement that they will both miss Ottawa.
She says Fisher has been a big part of the community, and she'll never forget how they welcomed her with open arms.
The two have been splitting time between the two cities since they were married last July. Nashville is Underwood's adopted hometown since winning "American Idol" in 2005 and launching her country music career.
She says they consider the trade an exciting opportunity for Fisher and that she supports him wherever he plays.
Fisher could play for the Preds Saturday.
carrie underwood, tennessee, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Malaysian police examine pilot's flight simulator
- AccuWeather: Tracking light snow tonight
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by car
- Police: Man strikes own brother in hit and run
- Berks County man stabbed to death in Bahamas
- 2 men, sitting in SUV, shot in Chester
- Van crash leaves 2 men trapped in Center City
- Victim critical after stabbing in Frankford
- 2 women injured in Overbrook fire
- Crimea votes on Ukraine secession 48 min ago
- Honda recalling 886,815 Odyssey minivans
- Comedian David Brenner, 'Tonight' favorite, dies