Security guard dies in crash on 'NCIS' set in LA
VALENCIA, Calif. (AP) -February 10, 2011 (WPVI) -- Authorities say a security guard on the Los Angeles County set of the CBS television show "NCIS" has died after being struck by a van whose driver apparently blacked out.
Sheriff's Sgt. Michael Konecny says the van had just dropped off passengers Wednesday in Valencia when the driver suffered an unspecified medical condition and it accelerated suddenly, striking the guard.
The victim, who was not immediately identified, was pronounced dead at a hospital.
CBS released a statement offering condolences to the victim's family and friends.
The network says production on the show has been suspended while investigators try to determine what caused the accident.
"NCIS," a drama about Naval criminal investigators, premiered in 2003.
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Montco DA: Drug ring targeted schools; 8 arrested 2 min ago
- Sunny today, more clouds tomorrow
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Package prompts evac at Del. National Guard base 11 min ago
- Skydiver in fatal South Jersey accident ID'd
- Photos: Pictures from NJ skydiving accident
- Woman's body found in Pa. excavation storage site
- Medical chopper called to crash on Route 55
- Jogger helps rescue man from Schuylkill River
- American Meb Keflezighi wins Boston Marathon 2 min ago
- Surveillance expected from Target heist
- Teen stowaway survives flight in landing gear
- Photos: Jamie Apody welcomes Baby Chase!