Kathy Griffin is taking her jokes to Broadway
NEW YORK (AP) -February 10, 2011 (WPVI) -- Kathy Griffin is clearing space on her mantel for a Tony Award.
The often provocative comedian, who already has a couple of Emmy Awards, is making her way to Broadway next month for an eight-show stand shamelessly called "Kathy Griffin Wants a Tony."
The 50-year-old Griffin announced the move Thursday on her website. She says each show will have fresh material "due to the revolving door of pop culture, political and celebrity missteps."
Performances begin March 11 and run through March 19 at the Belasco Theatre. It will be the Broadway debut for Griffin, who achieved fame on the NBC sitcom "Suddenly Susan" and her reality show, "My Life on the D-List."
kathy griffin, broadway, theater, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- $6M counterfeit check ring busted in Phila. 8 min ago
- Winter Warm Up 6 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings 41 min ago
- Neighbor alerts showering woman of fire in home
- Purse snatcher caught on camera in Montco 52 min ago
- Couple files suit over Lower Twp. blast
- Man robbed at gunpoint in North Philadelphia
- Derailed train car blocks road in South Coatesville
- Arrest in stabbing of elderly man in Egg Harbor 31 min ago
- Arrest in deadly June shooting in West Philadelphia
- 2 million-dollar tickets sold in NJ, 1 in Del.
- Guide dog saves blind man after subway track fall
- Girl kidnapped, freed in Reading; suspect at large
- Elderly couple's life savings stolen in Media
33 min ago
- Arrest in stabbing of elderly man in Egg...
31 min ago
- Impact of Sunoco HQ, Citibank leaving Philly
28 min ago
- Soldier returning from Afghanistan...
23 min ago