Aretha Franklin attends Pistons game with Jackson
AUBURN HILLS, Mich. (AP) - February 11, 2011 (WPVI) -- The Queen of Soul has come out to watch King James.
Aretha Franklin was on hand Friday when LeBron James and the Miami Heat visited the Detroit Pistons. She sat in the second row next to the Rev. Jesse Jackson.
It was believed to be one of Franklin's first public appearances since undergoing surgery Dec. 2 for an undisclosed ailment. Franklin announced in November that she would be canceling all concert dates and personal appearances through May on doctors' orders.
Neither Franklin nor her publicist have said what was ailing the 68-year-old singer.
At a break in play in the first quarter, the big screen above the court showed Franklin while a couple of her songs played over the P.A. system. She waved as the crowd cheered.
michigan, aretha franklin, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Arrest in death of retired Villanova professor
- Warmer Weekend
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in Overbrook shooting
- Multi-vehicle crash on Schuylkill Expressway
- Ransomeware a growing cyber threat for thousands
- Runway littered with holiday mail
- Student robbed at gunpoint inside Philly school
- Video released of AK-47 robbery in Wynnefield
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ
- Missing 2-year-old found, mom's ex-boyfriend arrested
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish
- Video: Flyers' Hartnell co-authors children's book