Aretha Franklin attends Pistons game with Jackson
AUBURN HILLS, Mich. (AP) - February 11, 2011 (WPVI) -- The Queen of Soul has come out to watch King James.
Aretha Franklin was on hand Friday when LeBron James and the Miami Heat visited the Detroit Pistons. She sat in the second row next to the Rev. Jesse Jackson.
It was believed to be one of Franklin's first public appearances since undergoing surgery Dec. 2 for an undisclosed ailment. Franklin announced in November that she would be canceling all concert dates and personal appearances through May on doctors' orders.
Neither Franklin nor her publicist have said what was ailing the 68-year-old singer.
At a break in play in the first quarter, the big screen above the court showed Franklin while a couple of her songs played over the P.A. system. She waved as the crowd cheered.
michigan, aretha franklin, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Traffic stop turns violent, police shoot suspect 32 min ago
- A Nice Stretch 24 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Get the new 6abc StormTracker app
- Mourning NJ doctor killed in murder-suicide
- Paraplegic man castrated in SW Phila. attack
- Storms bring floods to the Jersey shore
- Video: Incredible footage of wrong-way bus crash
- Police: Girl used in theft at Phila. nail salon
- Tire dumping probe targets Wilmington shop
- Teacher charged again for indecent exposure
- Construction worker killed on way to job
- US: Unruly traveler had worked at State Department
- $325,000 Cash 5 ticket sold in Philadelphia
- Traffic stop turns violent, police shoot...
32 min ago