LA County probes Playboy Mansion illness reports
LOS ANGELES (AP) - February 12, 2011 (WPVI) -- Los Angeles County health officials are investigating reports that dozens of people contracted respiratory illnesses after a fundraiser at the Playboy Mansion that was part of a larger conference held in Santa Monica.
The Department of Public Health issued a statement Saturday saying only that it was investigating a suspected respiratory infection outbreak among attendees of a conference on the west side of the county.
But the Los Angeles Times says the department sent an e-mail with a survey to all who attended the Feb. 3 event at the L.A. mansion, saying that they had received reports of problems including pneumonia.
Some 700 people from 30 countries attended the Santa Monica conference, called Domainfest global.
Representatives from Playboy and the conference did not immediately reply to requests for comment.
los angeles, hugh hefner, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Over 75 injured in partial London theater collapse
- Temps Soar 23 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 2 men sought in Deptford Twp. hotel robbery 9 min ago
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Steps you can take to reduce fraud risk
- 1 dead after car plunges into lake in Vineland 31 min ago
- Is heroin addiction as close as your medicine cabinet?
- Philadelphia Police search for missing 2-year-old boy
- Attempted child luring in Newtown, Bucks County
- Pastor defrocked after performing son's gay wedding
- 50 coworkers in Del. to split $1M Mega Millions ticket
- Bring old clothes to new H&M for savings
- Temps Soar
23 min ago