Jay-Z, Beyonce, Will Smith have pre-Grammy brunch
LOS ANGELES (AP) - February 12, 2011 (WPVI) -- Jay-Z laughed it up with Will Smith; Beyonce stood close to sister Solange in a DJ booth; and Charlize Theron made a late entrance.
It was an ultra-exclusive affair on Saturday as Jay-Z's RocNation and Gucci threw a pre-Grammy brunch for guests including Rihanna, Adrian Brody and Ryan Phillippe at the Soho House West, where the emphasis was on mingling and grooving to the beat.
Solange was one of the celebrity DJs at the event, entertaining the crowd while Beyonce and Solange's young son looked on.
Best new artist nominee Florence Welch of Florence + the Machine was greeted by admirers when she walked in.
Welch says she's excited about the Grammy week festivities.
Jay-Z is up for six awards at Sunday's Grammys.
los angeles, grammy awards, jay z, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Mourning NJ doctor killed in murder-suicide
- Stormy to spectacular
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Get the new 6abc StormTracker app
- Paraplegic man castrated in SW Phila. attack
- Storms bring floods to the Jersey shore
- Video: Incredible footage of wrong-way bus crash
- Police: Girl used in theft at Phila. nail salon
- Tire dumping probe targets Wilmington shop
- Teacher charged again for indecent exposure
- Construction worker killed on way to job
- US: Unruly traveler had worked at State Department
- $325,000 Cash 5 ticket sold in Philadelphia
- Phillies activate Carlos Ruiz from disabled list