Oops! Letterman's 'booking' of Lohan a boo-boo
NEW YORK - February 16, 2011 (WPVI) -- Maybe "Late Show With David Letterman" should present the Top Ten ways it should be more careful booking its guests.
Just hours after CBS announced on Tuesday that Lindsay Lohan would appear on Thursday's show to present the Top Ten list, Lohan tweeted: "I am NOT going to be doing David Letterman, I'm not sure how this happened, but I am sorry for the confusion..."
Wednesday morning, a spokesman for Letterman's production company acknowledged that "Late Show" had been duped.
"We made a mistake," said Worldwide Pants' Tom Keaney in a statement. "Someone purporting to be a friend of Lindsay's reached out to the show yesterday, allegedly on her behalf, and booked her to appear.
"Clearly, this person was not authorized to make commitments on her behalf," the statement continued. "We wish Lindsay well, and look forward to having her on the show in the future."
Lohan, who has been on the show four times in the past, now would seem to have more urgent matters to which to attend. Most recently, the troubled actress was arraigned on felony charges for the alleged theft of a $2,500 necklace from a jewelry store.
Meanwhile, her travails have been a source of humor for Letterman. Last week he read the Top Ten Signs that "Lohan is out of control." They included: "Friends worry that her shoplifting is getting in the way of her drinking."
But thanks to this week's booking boo-boo, for once, the joke's on Dave.
lindsay lohan, david letterman, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Vice principal commits suicide after ferry accident 48 min ago
- Clouds to sun, cool today 48 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Montco hall closes weeks before bride's wedding
- Search continues for robbers in armored car heist
- 12 dead in Mt. Everest avalanche
- Penn State police: 3 posed nude at Nittany shrine
- Stalkers have QVC host living in fear
- McNabb serves 1-day sentence after DUI arrest
- Photos: Suspects in Ocean Co. child porn sweep
- 13 pound baby born at Delco hospital
- WWII vet gets anonymous surprise in Bucks Co.
- Video: Hero twins yell, hit carjacker to escape