Charlie Sheen says he's a stand-up guy on his show
NEW YORK (AP) - February 16, 2011 (WPVI) -- Charlie Sheen says he's never been drunk or high on the set of his hit sitcom, and that he knows how to deal with a lack of sleep.
In an interview aired Wednesday, the star of CBS' "Two and a Half Men" said he had sometimes shown up for work after long nights carousing.
Charlie Sheen explained that he would ask the director to let him stand beside a piece of furniture during run-throughs so he wouldn't fall over. He joked that his tactic was the sign of "a seasoned professional."
Production of "Two and a Half Men" has been halted while Sheen is in rehab. He said production would resume at the end of February.
Sheen had phoned into "The Dan Patrick Show," which airs in syndication on radio and on satellite TV provider DirecTV.
charlie sheen, cbs, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspect
- AccuWeather: Two very mild days
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Investigators chasing 'every angle' on missing jet
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Victim shot 7 times in Kensington 12 min ago
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Winslow Twp. crash
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
- 2 dozen injured as California school stage falls
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- Are store credit cards worth the discount? 30 min ago
- Photos: Kevin Grow joins Harlem Globetrotters
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ