Paris Hilton's boyfriend gets Las Vegas court date
LAS VEGAS (AP) - February 17, 2011 (WPVI) -- Paris Hilton's boyfriend, Cy Waits, has an Aug. 22 court date to fight criminal charges stemming from a Las Vegas Strip traffic stop with the celebrity socialite.
The 35-year-old Waits didn't appear Thursday in Las Vegas Justice Court.
His attorney, Richard Schonfeld, told a judge that he intends to challenge the constitutionality of Waits' felony charge of being under the influence of marijuana.
The former nightclub mogul also faces misdemeanor charges of marijuana possession and driving under the influence following his Aug. 27 arrest.
Paris Hilton pleaded guilty in September to misdemeanor cocaine possession and obstruction charges. She's serving a year of probation.
Police stopped the couple in a black Cadillac Escalade after an officer reported a "vapor trail" of marijuana smoke wafting from the vehicle.
paris hilton, las vegas, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Plane's landing gear collapses at Phila. Airport
- After a Cold Night, Temps Rebound
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Pictures of Old City building collapse
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff
- Police: Coatesville man died before fire began
- NJ charges 4 with false Sandy aid applications
- Missing plane sent signals to satellite for hours 29 min ago
- Mississippi man who awakened inside body bag dies
- 8th body recovered after NYC explosion 47 min ago
- Philadelphia Zoo welcomes 2 new tiger cubs
- Video: Man punches boy, 8, steals his iPad
- 8th body recovered after NYC explosion
47 min ago