Schwarzenegger critiques statue headed to Austria
LEWISTON, Idaho (AP) -February 17, 2011 (WPVI) -- A 9-foot-tall statue depicting Arnold Schwarzenegger at the height of his bodybuilding career has received a final critique by the former Mr. Universe before it's sent for bronzing.
The former California governor who recently announced his return to acting visited northern Idaho on Wednesday to suggest a few modifications to the clay sculpture. It's destined to stand in a rippling, full-flex pose outside his childhood home that is now a museum in Thal, Austria.
Schwarzenegger tells the Lewiston Tribune that he chose Lewiston artist Ralph Crawford to create the statue because of Crawford's passion and ability to produce a dramatic sculpture.
Crawford says he has already started work on a new sculpture of Schwarzenegger showing him during his time as governor.
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Runway littered with holiday mail
- Warmer Weekend
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Student robbed at gunpoint inside Philly school
- Missing 2-year-old found, mom's ex-boyfriend arrested 22 min ago
- SEPTA spreads holiday cheer with toy drive
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish
- Fmr. Montco GOP chairman to stand trial for rape
- Pa. Turnpike reopens after multi-vehicle crash
- Dealer charged with selling Sandy damaged cars
- Bishop McDevitt HS student robbed at gunpoint
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ 12 min ago
- Philippine mayor among 4 killed at Manila airport
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ
12 min ago