Schwarzenegger critiques statue headed to Austria
LEWISTON, Idaho (AP) -February 17, 2011 (WPVI) -- A 9-foot-tall statue depicting Arnold Schwarzenegger at the height of his bodybuilding career has received a final critique by the former Mr. Universe before it's sent for bronzing.
The former California governor who recently announced his return to acting visited northern Idaho on Wednesday to suggest a few modifications to the clay sculpture. It's destined to stand in a rippling, full-flex pose outside his childhood home that is now a museum in Thal, Austria.
Schwarzenegger tells the Lewiston Tribune that he chose Lewiston artist Ralph Crawford to create the statue because of Crawford's passion and ability to produce a dramatic sculpture.
Crawford says he has already started work on a new sculpture of Schwarzenegger showing him during his time as governor.
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Mike Schmidt reveals skin cancer battle
- AccuWeather: Tracking light snow tonight
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- NJ state police trooper among 3 injured in crash
- Malaysian police examine pilot's flight simulator
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by car 1 min ago
- Police: Man strikes own brother in hit and run
- Berks County man stabbed to death in Bahamas 51 min ago
- 1 wounded in Lakewood drive-by shooting 25 min ago
- 2 men, sitting in SUV, shot in Chester
- 2 women injured in Overbrook fire
- Crimea votes on Ukraine secession
- Book 'em! Wilmington cop donates books to kids
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by...
1 min ago