Chris Brown to ask for eased restraining order
LOS ANGELES (AP) - February 22, 2011 (WPVI) -- Prosecutors say Chris Brown will ask a judge to ease a restraining order barring him from being near ex-girlfriend Rihanna.
The R&B singer is expected to appear Tuesday before a judge overseeing his felony assault case.
Brown has been required to stay at least 50 yards away from Rihanna after pleading guilty to assaulting the pop singer after a pre-Grammy Awards party in 2009.
Rihanna has said through her attorney that she favors downgrading the order and removing the provisions that the pair stay away from each other.
An e-mail message to Brown's attorney, Mark Geragos, was not immediately returned.
chris brown, rihanna, music, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Get ready for a break from the winter chill
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- 1 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- ID theft warrant leads to pot bust in Hamilton Twp.
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Gun falls out of sock, kills thrift store worker
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- 3 arrests in Cumberland Co. arsons
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: Arrests in warrant sweep, jewel theft, more