Chris Brown to ask for eased restraining order
LOS ANGELES (AP) - February 22, 2011 (WPVI) -- Prosecutors say Chris Brown will ask a judge to ease a restraining order barring him from being near ex-girlfriend Rihanna.
The R&B singer is expected to appear Tuesday before a judge overseeing his felony assault case.
Brown has been required to stay at least 50 yards away from Rihanna after pleading guilty to assaulting the pop singer after a pre-Grammy Awards party in 2009.
Rihanna has said through her attorney that she favors downgrading the order and removing the provisions that the pair stay away from each other.
An e-mail message to Brown's attorney, Mark Geragos, was not immediately returned.
chris brown, rihanna, music, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Very cold today, Saturday storm
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Sign up for Facebook Flash!
- Interpreter at Mandela event: I was hallucinating 52 min ago
- Woman charged in boyfriend's heroin death
- Police: Freshman dies after frat ritual in Poconos
- 2 dead after truck and car collide in Mercer County
- Suspicious package found outside Planet Fitness in Olney
- 3 people injured in Roosevelt Boulevard crash 31 min ago
- Suspects tie up 71-year-old in home invasion
- Narcotic officers raid Lacey High School
- Dump truck hits ATV pulling sled, boy killed
- American University campus lockdown lifted
- 3 people injured in Roosevelt Boulevard crash
31 min ago