Chris Brown to ask for eased restraining order
LOS ANGELES (AP) - February 22, 2011 (WPVI) -- Prosecutors say Chris Brown will ask a judge to ease a restraining order barring him from being near ex-girlfriend Rihanna.
The R&B singer is expected to appear Tuesday before a judge overseeing his felony assault case.
Brown has been required to stay at least 50 yards away from Rihanna after pleading guilty to assaulting the pop singer after a pre-Grammy Awards party in 2009.
Rihanna has said through her attorney that she favors downgrading the order and removing the provisions that the pair stay away from each other.
An e-mail message to Brown's attorney, Mark Geragos, was not immediately returned.
chris brown, rihanna, music, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- $105,000 taken in Tacony armored car heist
- Partly sunny, a bit milder today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: Brandywine Park flasher surrenders 21 min ago
- Photos: Suspects in Ocean Co. child porn sweep
- Beau Biden to run for governor in Del.
- 5 injured in 7 vehicle wreck on I-95 in Del.
- Police investigate serious crash in Levittown
- Mom surrenders after daughter, 11, shot and killed 21 min ago
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids
- Popular chocolate maker shut down by city
- Man with samurai sword arrested at New Jersey deli
- Teen urinates in Oregon drinking water supply