Christine O'Donnell mulls 'Dancing With the Stars' invite
WILMINGTON, Del. - February 23, 2011 (WPVI) -- Tea Party favorite Christine O'Donnell says she's been invited to be a contestant on TV's "Dancing with the Stars."
But the losing Senate candidate from Delaware isn't sure she should accept, saying she has two left feet and a book about politics to complete.
The conservative Republican, who lost to a Democrat amid controversy over past statements about youthful dabbling in witchcraft, is soliciting opinions on her Facebook page.
O'Donnell says her initial reaction was to say "no" to the show, but others are encouraging her to accept. O'Donnell writes she's flattered, but a 2-year-old nephew has more rhythm than she does.
A program representative said Tuesday it has no comment on casting speculation, adding a new cast will be announced next week.
delaware, christine o'donnell, dancing with the stars, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Parking dispute turns violent at Cherry Hill Mall
- Milder Monday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Victim shot 7 times in Kensington
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Winslow Twp. crash
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- 2 wounded in daytime shooting in Trenton
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- 2 dozen injured as California school stage falls
- Del. worker hospitalized after pretzel factory accident
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ