Anne Hathaway trains for catwoman, preps for Oscar
LOS ANGELES (AP) -February 24, 2011 (WPVI) -- These days, Anne Hathaway is a busy woman. Or make that a busy catwoman.
The 28-year-old actress is training for the physical demands of her lead role as catwoman (and its sleek, physique-revealing catsuit) in "The Dark Knight Rises" as she flexes her comedy muscles alongside James Franco as co-hosts of Sunday's Academy Awards.
"There's a lot going on, but it's all really super-duper positive," Hathaway said between fittings Wednesday. "I feel like I have a big fight coming up and everyone's giving me the thumbs-up and the 'you'll-rock-it' fist pump. I have unbelievable support."
The Oscar team is helping Hathaway and Franco find their funniest material, she said, and the producers "are making it as easy as possible on me."
"It's all been kind of wonderful and jovial," she said. "It turns out it takes a village to host the Oscars."
Hathaway's biggest challenge this week? Navigating Los Angeles' famous freeways and making it to all her appointments on time. But the New York City resident has that one covered: "Luckily my assistant is a really good driver
anne hathaway, oscars, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Plane's landing gear collapses at Phila. Airport 6 min ago
- After a Cold Night, Temps Rebound
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Pictures of Old City building collapse
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff
- Police: Coatesville man died before fire began
- NJ charges 4 with false Sandy aid applications
- After 6 days, Malaysian jet mystery still unsolved
- Mississippi man who awakened inside body bag dies
- 8th body recovered after NYC explosion 7 min ago
- Philadelphia Zoo welcomes 2 new tiger cubs
- Video: Man punches boy, 8, steals his iPad
- 8th body recovered after NYC explosion
7 min ago