Couric compiles advice from 'Extraordinary Lives'
NEW YORK (AP) -February 24, 2011 (WPVI) -- Katie Couric and some famous friends are sharing tips on how to succeed.
The CBS television anchor has compiled "The Best Advice I Ever Got: Lessons from Extraordinary Lives." The book features contributions from Alex Rodriguez, Meryl Streep, Condoleezza Rice and more than 100 others. Random House announced Thursday that it is scheduled to come out April 12.
The project originated with a commencement speech Couric gave last spring. Profits will be donated to Scholarship America, a nonprofit scholarship and educational support organization. Couric, who has written two children's books, will also include insights about her life and career, from her years on NBC's "Today" show to her current work with CBS.
katie couric, writers, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Photos: Pictures from Thursday's wind damage
- Windy and cold today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Saints will trade Sproles to Eagles; Birds sign Carroll
- Driver fleeing police kills 2 at SXSW festival
- Photos: Pictures from the SXSW festival crash
- Malaysia: No debris in area shown on China images 4 min ago
- 7th body recovered after NYC explosion 32 min ago
- High winds cause damage across the region 47 min ago
- Christie talks taxes at town hall meeting
- Police: Delco 2nd grade teacher groped 2 girls
- Rescue crews pull woman from Schuylkill River
- Video: Man punches boy, 8, steals his iPad 42 min ago
- Man punches boy, 8, steals his iPad
42 min ago
- High winds cause damage across the region
47 min ago
- 7th body recovered after NYC explosion
32 min ago