A "Regis and Kelly" run across U.S. begins for Dean Karnazes
NEW YORK (AP) - February 25, 2011 (WPVI) -- Mega-marathoner Dean Karnazes has hit the road for a coast-to-coast run.
His departure Friday from California's Disneyland was aired on "Live! With Regis and Kelly." Co-host Kelly Ripa led the countdown, and then Karnazes set off to the cheers of the crowd.
With his run across America, Karnazes is promoting fitness for Americans and young people in particular. The weekday talk show will air updates from his coast-to-coast road trip. It is scheduled to end May 11 when Karnazes is welcomed by Ripa and Regis Philbin to the show's New York City studio.
The 48-year-old Karnazes expects to average 14 hours running about 50 miles each day. His route of nearly 3,000 miles crosses 17 states and the District of Columbia.
Online: "Live!" Run Across America
regis philbin, kelly ripa, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Actor James Gandolfini dies at 51 52 min ago
- Splendid spring finale
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Get the new 6abc StormTracker app
- Robbery suspect sought, Villanova U. locked down
- Crackdown on illegal street vendors in W. Phila.
- Pregnant woman, 2 others shot in N. Phila.
- Viewer takes photos of bear in back yard
- Men's Wearhouse ousts founder, pitchman Zimmer
- 20 people charged in Ocean Co. heroin raids
- 15 charged in NJ unemployment fraud case
- Suspect robs Philadelphia Dunkin' Donuts at gunpoint
- AMA declares obesity a disease [POLL]
- Video: Phila. choir shares stage with Rolling Stones