Christina Aguilera, boyfriend free after arrests
WEST HOLLYWOOD, Calif. - March 1, 2011 (WPVI) -- Authorities say Christina Aguilera's boyfriend has been released from jail, hours after he was arrested on suspicion of drunken driving and the singer was taken to a West Hollywood jail until she sobered up.
Los Angeles County sheriff's spokesman Steve Whitmore says 25-year-old Matthew Rutler was stopped near the Sunset Strip after he burned rubber and fishtailed onto a street Tuesday morning with Aguilera in the car.
Whitmore says Rutler's blood-alcohol content was 0.09 percent - just slightly above the legal limit. He was freed after posting $5,000 bail.
Aguilera was freed earlier. She was arrested on suspicion of being publicly drunk, but Whitmore says it was out of concern for her safety and she won't be prosecuted.
Calls to the singer's agent and her publicist were not returned. Sheriff's officials didn't know if Rutler has hired an attorney.
christina aguilera, california, los angeles, DUI, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Photos: Maps of Monday's expected snow
- Snow likely Sunday into Monday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Renovation competitors fight at Phila. fire scenes
- Moving day for Oak Lane Garden residents
- SEPTA union agrees to delay strike
- 1 critical after being shot multiple times in Wilmington
- 100 plus weight loss journey to healthy living
- Boyd Theatre to be demolished, rebuilt
- Phila. Police search for suspect in Rite Aid robbery
- Missing plane: Piracy theory gains more credence
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police