Natalie Portman 'disgusted' by Galliano's remarks
PARIS (AP) - March 1, 2011 (WPVI) -- Oscar-winning actress Natalie Portman says she is "shocked and disgusted" by a video in which designer John Galliano says he loves Adolf Hitler.
Portman says in a statement that "as an individual who is proud to be Jewish, I will not be associated with Mr. Galliano in any way."
Both stars work with Christian Dior. Natalie Portman is spokesmodel for Miss Dior Cherie perfume. Galliano has been suspended as Dior's creative director pending an investigation into an alleged anti-Semitic incident in a Paris cafe last week.
Portman's statement was provided Tuesday to The Associated Press after a video posted online showed Galliano, in a different incident, drunkenly telling a cafe patron, "I love Hitler."
Portman won the best actress Oscar on Sunday for "Black Swan."
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- School Closings & Delays
- Snow walloping Philadelphia area
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Storm brings snowy, icy conditions to Pa., NJ
- 1 dead, 50+ vehicles involved in Pa. Turnpike crashes
- Nearly 1 foot of snow in parts of Delaware
- Video: Snow-lovers sled down Art Museum steps
- Video: Time lapse of snow at the Linc
- Eagles beat Lions 34-20 in the snow
- Video: Phila. students dig out cars stuck in slush
- Video: Widener U. track team helps stuck drivers
- Man dressed as Santa struck, killed on I-95
- Paul Walker memorial in California draws thousands