Christian Dior firing designer John Galliano
PARIS (AP) - March 1, 2011 (WPVI) -- France's Christian Dior says it is firing famed fashion designer John Galliano after an online video emerged that showed him praising Adolf Hitler.
The fashion house said Tuesday that Galliano has been immediately laid off and the process of firing him has begun.
Last week, Dior suspended Galliano as its creative director pending an investigation into an alleged anti-Semitic incident at a Paris cafe last week.
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death 17 min ago
- AccuWeather: mild today, rain Wednesday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Reward offered in Collingdale hit-and-run 35 min ago
- Turnpike officials: Road plowed, salted before pileup 12 min ago
- Malaysian military says missing jet changed course 4 min ago
- 6 students hurt in Camden Co. school bus crash
- 2nd suspect sought in finger-biting attack
- Woman shot in bed in South Philadelphia 8 min ago
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- Woman shot in bed in South Philadelphia
8 min ago
- Suspicious fire damages home in Camden
14 min ago