Christian Dior firing designer John Galliano
PARIS (AP) - March 1, 2011 (WPVI) -- France's Christian Dior says it is firing famed fashion designer John Galliano after an online video emerged that showed him praising Adolf Hitler.
The fashion house said Tuesday that Galliano has been immediately laid off and the process of firing him has begun.
Last week, Dior suspended Galliano as its creative director pending an investigation into an alleged anti-Semitic incident at a Paris cafe last week.
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- 1 dead, 5 hurt in Trenton drive-by shooting 26 min ago
- Record Warmth!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Crews battle house fire in Elsmere 12 min ago
- Carolers sing to grant Pa. cancer patient's wish
- Hospital: Teen shot at Colorado high school dies
- 6 apartments destroyed in Wilmington fire
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in East Mt. Airy shooting
- $10K reward posted in Delco murder case
- Police search for missing Delco mother
- Woman arrested in fatal North Philly stabbing
- 4 charged with murder in NJ mall carjacking
- NASA astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs