Singer Aretha Franklin says she's lost 85 pounds
DETROIT (AP) - March 2, 2011 (WPVI) -- Aretha Franklin says she's lost 85 pounds as part of an ongoing effort to drop weight.
The legendary singer said in a taped interview that aired Wednesday on "The Wendy Williams Show" that she's been trying to shed pounds ever since looking at pictures of herself and deciding she was "entirely too fat."
Williams interviewed Franklin on Friday at a Detroit-area hotel.
The 68-year-old Franklin underwent surgery for an undisclosed ailment in December and didn't go into detail about it during the interview with Williams.
The "Queen of Soul" did say a recurring pain in her side last year was her "first inkling that something was not what it should be."
The second part of the interview is to air on Thursday.
aretha franklin, wendy williams, detroit, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- AccuWeather: Easter to be comfortable, breezy
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Sign up for Facebook Flash
- Man shot, killed in Gloucester Twp. apartment 52 min ago
- Man found shot in minivan in Tioga-Nicetown 25 min ago
- Girl hospitalized after near-drowning in Philly hotel 50 min ago
- 2 injured after car hits Camden police cruiser 51 min ago
- Man targeted in Collingdale hit-and-run ID'd
- Missing boater in Del. River ID'd, search called off
- Armed robbery at Target on Roosevelt Boulevard 8 min ago
- Pedestrian struck, killed by truck in Rhawnhurst
- Good Samaritans help nab alleged purse snatchers
- Divers pull more bodies from sunken South Korean ferry 7 min ago
- Snowmobiler charged by angry moose
48 min ago
- Firefighters rescue puppy from sewer drain
47 min ago
- Man shot, killed in Gloucester Twp. apartment
52 min ago
- 2 injured after car hits Camden police...
51 min ago