Beyonce says she donated Gadhafi performance fees
NEW YORK (AP) - March 2, 2011 (WPVI) -- Beyonce says she donated money she received for performing for the Gadhafi clan to Haiti relief efforts more than a year ago.
The superstar made the revelation in a statement Wednesday to The Associated Press. Her announcement comes days after singer Nelly Furtado tweeted that she had gotten $1 million from the Gadhafi clan to perform in Italy in 2007. Furtado says she's donating that money to charity.
Beyonce's publicist says she performed at a private party on the island of St. Barts on New Year's Eve in 2009. Once it was revealed that the performance was linked to the Gadhafi family, she gave the money and commissions to earthquake relief in Haiti.
Libyan leader Moammar Gadhafi is being investigated for possible war crimes.
beyonce, haiti, libya, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Police: Missing boy struck by car
- Temps soar above normal
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Coffins unearthed at North Philly school
- No cheer uniforms for North Philadelphia Aztec squad
- Attack in Center City caught on camera
- Police: Threat to father used in phone scam
- Stolen cobalt-60 found abandoned in Mexico
- Report: NSA tracks billions of cellphones daily
- Kutztown coach accused of covering up teen's rape
- Prosecutor: Sex investigation of FSU QB over
- Photos: 6abc at Q102 Jingle Ball 2013
- Video: 20th annual Phila. holiday tree lighting