Beyonce says she donated Gadhafi performance fees
NEW YORK (AP) - March 2, 2011 (WPVI) -- Beyonce says she donated money she received for performing for the Gadhafi clan to Haiti relief efforts more than a year ago.
The superstar made the revelation in a statement Wednesday to The Associated Press. Her announcement comes days after singer Nelly Furtado tweeted that she had gotten $1 million from the Gadhafi clan to perform in Italy in 2007. Furtado says she's donating that money to charity.
Beyonce's publicist says she performed at a private party on the island of St. Barts on New Year's Eve in 2009. Once it was revealed that the performance was linked to the Gadhafi family, she gave the money and commissions to earthquake relief in Haiti.
Libyan leader Moammar Gadhafi is being investigated for possible war crimes.
beyonce, haiti, libya, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- 51 confirmed dead in Oklahoma tornado 27 min ago
- Soupy Situation 45 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Center City high rise evacuated due to fire
- 15 motorcyclists arrested following NJ chase ID'd
- New sighting reported of missing student's car
- Cherry Hill East student injured in crash
- Man convicted of murder in Pa. musician's slaying
- Police: Driver under influence crashes into fire dept. 49 min ago
- Surveillance video released in food vendor murder
- Appoquinimink teacher arrested for indecent exposure
- Bucks County bear now spotted in Bristol Twp.
- Yahoo takes big leap with $1.1B deal for Tumblr 44 min ago
- 51 confirmed dead in Oklahoma tornado
27 min ago
- Yahoo takes big leap with $1.1B deal for...
44 min ago