Beyonce says she donated Gadhafi performance fees
NEW YORK (AP) - March 2, 2011 (WPVI) -- Beyonce says she donated money she received for performing for the Gadhafi clan to Haiti relief efforts more than a year ago.
The superstar made the revelation in a statement Wednesday to The Associated Press. Her announcement comes days after singer Nelly Furtado tweeted that she had gotten $1 million from the Gadhafi clan to perform in Italy in 2007. Furtado says she's donating that money to charity.
Beyonce's publicist says she performed at a private party on the island of St. Barts on New Year's Eve in 2009. Once it was revealed that the performance was linked to the Gadhafi family, she gave the money and commissions to earthquake relief in Haiti.
Libyan leader Moammar Gadhafi is being investigated for possible war crimes.
beyonce, haiti, libya, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Malaysian police examine pilot's flight simulator
- AccuWeather: Tracking light snow tonight
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by car 26 min ago
- Police: Man strikes own brother in hit and run
- Berks County man stabbed to death in Bahamas
- 2 men, sitting in SUV, shot in Chester
- Van crash leaves 2 men trapped in Center City
- Victim critical after stabbing in Frankford
- 2 women injured in Overbrook fire
- Crimea votes on Ukraine secession
- Comedian David Brenner, 'Tonight' favorite, dies
- Book 'em! Wilmington cop donates books to kids 33 min ago
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by...
26 min ago