Clooney film finishes Cincinnati-area scenes
CINCINNATI (AP) - March 6, 2011 (WPVI) -- Hometown hero George Clooney and the cast and crew of "Ides of March" have finished filming in the Cincinnati and northern Kentucky areas and are moving on to Detroit.
The Cincinnati Enquirer reports that, over three-and-a-half weeks ending Friday, as many as 20 sites were filmed, including Xavier University and Fountain Square in Cincinnati and Miami University in Oxford, where students were extras in a scene depicting a presidential primary debate.
Clooney acts in and directs the film about a presidential campaign. It's his first movie to have filming in the area where he grew up.
The Oscar-winning actor was born in Lexington, Ky., and grew up in Cincinnati area communities.
Film publicist Tracey Schaefer says about 90 percent of the story is set in Cincinnati, northern Kentucky and Oxford.
george clooney, ohio, movies, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- 3 children rescued from Southwest Phila. house fire 14 min ago
- Windy And Cool
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Philadelphia man arrested for firing shots at police 13 min ago
- Fire forces evacuation of N. Phila. high-rise apt. 51 min ago
- Police investigate 2 robberies in Montgomery Co.
- Police seek suspect in Olney sex assault
- Police: Woman who hit teen was DUI, reading text
- Deadly crash on I-295 in Mercer County, N.J.
- Tractor trailer crash jams traffic in Chesco
- Philadelphia man sentenced in shaken baby death
- 4 men sought in West Philadelphia armed robbery
- No quick fix for downed bridge on holiday weekend
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos