Clooney film finishes Cincinnati-area scenes
CINCINNATI (AP) - March 6, 2011 (WPVI) -- Hometown hero George Clooney and the cast and crew of "Ides of March" have finished filming in the Cincinnati and northern Kentucky areas and are moving on to Detroit.
The Cincinnati Enquirer reports that, over three-and-a-half weeks ending Friday, as many as 20 sites were filmed, including Xavier University and Fountain Square in Cincinnati and Miami University in Oxford, where students were extras in a scene depicting a presidential primary debate.
Clooney acts in and directs the film about a presidential campaign. It's his first movie to have filming in the area where he grew up.
The Oscar-winning actor was born in Lexington, Ky., and grew up in Cincinnati area communities.
Film publicist Tracey Schaefer says about 90 percent of the story is set in Cincinnati, northern Kentucky and Oxford.
george clooney, ohio, movies, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- AccuWeather: Enjoy the Easter sunshine! 19 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Sign up for Facebook Flash
- Man shot, killed in Gloucester Twp. apartment 15 min ago
- Girl hospitalized after near-drowning in Philly hotel 9 min ago
- Man targeted in Collingdale hit-and-run ID'd 47 min ago
- Missing boater in Del. River ID'd, search called off
- Armed robbery at Target on Roosevelt Boulevard 38 min ago
- Pedestrian struck, killed by truck in Rhawnhurst 41 min ago
- Sex assault on West Chester University campus
- Good Samaritans help nab alleged purse snatchers
- Lumberton brush fire considered 'suspicious' 52 min ago
- Crimefighters: Reward in Camden drive-thru murder
- Man targeted in Collingdale hit-and-run ID'd
47 min ago
- AccuWeather: Enjoy the Easter sunshine!
19 min ago