Queen's granddaughter Zara Phillips to wed in July
LONDON (AP) - March 9, 2011 (WPVI) -- Buckingham Palace says Zara Phillips, Queen Elizabeth II's eldest granddaughter, will marry rugby player Mike Tindall on July 30 in Edinburgh.
The palace said Wednesday the ceremony will take place at the Canongate Kirk church, followed by a reception at the Palace of Holyroodhouse - the official residence of the Queen when she visits Scotland.
The 29-year-old Zara Phillips is close friends with her cousin, Prince William, who will marry Kate Middleton at Westminster Abbey on April 29.
She is an accomplished equestrian. She first met her fiance when the 32-year-old Mike Tindall was playing for England during the 2003 World Cup.
zara phillips, mike tindall, queen elizabeth, prince william, london, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- 2 million dollar tickets sold in NJ, 1 in Del. 48 min ago
- Brisk And Cold
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Water main break causes river of ice in Cherry Hill
- Husband charged with wife's murder in Bethlehem
- Phila. attorney Charles Peruto, Sr. dies
- 3 injured in car crash in Pennsauken
- Fire damages South Philadelphia apartment
- Man shot several times in stomach in Chester
- Police: Job applicant stole from tip jar
- Dramatic video released of violent 7-Eleven robbery
- Coach charged with sexually assaulting 4 more victims
- 91-year-old man stabbed, robbed in Egg Harbor