Queen's granddaughter Zara Phillips to wed in July
LONDON (AP) - March 9, 2011 (WPVI) -- Buckingham Palace says Zara Phillips, Queen Elizabeth II's eldest granddaughter, will marry rugby player Mike Tindall on July 30 in Edinburgh.
The palace said Wednesday the ceremony will take place at the Canongate Kirk church, followed by a reception at the Palace of Holyroodhouse - the official residence of the Queen when she visits Scotland.
The 29-year-old Zara Phillips is close friends with her cousin, Prince William, who will marry Kate Middleton at Westminster Abbey on April 29.
She is an accomplished equestrian. She first met her fiance when the 32-year-old Mike Tindall was playing for England during the 2003 World Cup.
zara phillips, mike tindall, queen elizabeth, prince william, london, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- 1 dead, multiple in custody after Logan standoff
- AccuWeather: Weather Whiplash
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco 10 min ago
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Pedestrian struck in North Philadelphia 33 min ago
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Volunteer brutally assaulted outside Lehigh Co. church
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Malaysian military: Missing jet changed course
- Photos: Philly's unsolved missing child cases
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police