50 Cent, linked to Gadhafi event , donates money
NEW YORK (AP) - March 9, 2011 (WPVI) -- 50 Cent is the latest artist to make a donation to charity after it was revealed he performed at an event linked to the clan of Libyan leader Moammar Gadhafi.
A statement released to The Associated Press on Wednesday said the rapper is making a donation to UNICEF to help with that organization's relief efforts during the turmoil in Libya.
50 Cent performed at a private event during the 2005 Venice Film Festival that was later linked to the Gadhafi clan. Gadhafi is battling rebels who are revolting against his rule, and faces an investigation for possible war crimes.
50 cent, music, libya, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspect
- AccuWeather: Two very mild days
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Oil slick, debris not from missing Malaysia jet 3 min ago
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge 48 min ago
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
- Victim shot 7 times in Kensington
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Winslow Twp. crash
- 2 dozen injured as California school stage falls
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- Are store credit cards worth the discount? 55 min ago
- Photos: Kevin Grow joins Harlem Globetrotters
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ