50 Cent, linked to Gadhafi event , donates money
NEW YORK (AP) - March 9, 2011 (WPVI) -- 50 Cent is the latest artist to make a donation to charity after it was revealed he performed at an event linked to the clan of Libyan leader Moammar Gadhafi.
A statement released to The Associated Press on Wednesday said the rapper is making a donation to UNICEF to help with that organization's relief efforts during the turmoil in Libya.
50 Cent performed at a private event during the 2005 Venice Film Festival that was later linked to the Gadhafi clan. Gadhafi is battling rebels who are revolting against his rule, and faces an investigation for possible war crimes.
50 cent, music, libya, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- School Closings & Delays
- Tracking More Snow 16 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Man abducted, robbed and shot in Rhawnhurst 34 min ago
- Storm brings snowy, icy conditions to Pa., NJ
- 1 dead, 50+ vehicles involved in Pa. Turnpike crashes
- Nearly 1 foot of snow in parts of Delaware
- Video: Snow-lovers sled down Art Museum steps
- Video: Time lapse of snow at the Linc
- Eagles beat Lions 34-20 in the snow
- Video: Phila. students dig out cars stuck in slush
- Video: Widener U. track team helps stuck drivers
- Man dressed as Santa struck, killed on I-95
- Tracking More Snow
16 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos