'Limitless'? Not Hollywood, says Robert De Niro
NEW YORK (AP) - March 10, 2011 (WPVI) -- Despite his years in film, Robert De Niro says he still can't do anything he wants in Hollywood.
He notes the troubles and delays he experienced with "The Good Shepherd," the 2006 CIA tale that he directed and starred in. De Niro doubts he could make a similar film now. He says people don't really want to do "those kind of movies" nowadays.
Still, De Niro says he does have a choice of roles that other actors would envy and that he "can't complain."
The actor's latest film, "Limitless," debuts in theaters March 18.
In it, De Niro plays a mega-mogul. Co-star Bradley Cooper plays an unsuccessful writer whose life is transformed after he discovers a secret drug that allows him to use 100 percent of his brain.
robert de niro, movies, hollywood, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- China-bound Malaysian jet vanishes with 239 aboard 23 min ago
- Get ready for a break from the winter chill 34 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Pedestrian struck, killed in Delaware County 43 min ago
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco 36 min ago
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge 38 min ago
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- 3 arrests in Cumberland Co. arsons
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: Arrests in warrant sweep, jewel theft, more
- Get ready for a break from the winter chill
34 min ago
- China-bound Malaysian jet vanishes with 239...
23 min ago
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun...
38 min ago
- Pedestrian struck, killed in Delaware County
43 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos