Bob Dylan cleared to perform in Beijing
HONG KONG (AP) - March 10, 2011 (WPVI) -- Bob Dylan has been cleared to perform in Beijing amid worries that the Chinese government would block his planned shows given the American folk icon's antiestablishment reputation.
China's Ministry of Culture said in a notice posted on its website Thursday that Dylan will be allowed to perform in Beijing between March 30 and April 12.
The website of the Dylan fan magazine ISIS reported earlier that Dylan was scheduled to perform in Beijing on April 6 and Shanghai on April 8, although Dylan's official website doesn't list those tour dates.
The Chinese Ministry of Culture did not immediately post approval for the Shanghai show.
Hong Kong, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Photos: LATEST MAPS: 6+" in parts of NJ 33 min ago
- Winter's Last Blast 59 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Video: Annie McCormick: Snow in Atlantic City 58 min ago
- Video: Katherine Scott: Snow in Delaware
- Woman, 98, injured in Powelton high-rise fire
- Mike Schmidt reveals skin cancer battle
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by car
- Malaysian police examine pilot's flight simulator
- Crimeans vote to leave Ukraine, join Russia
- Delaware man suspected in 14 different thefts
- NJ salon customer allegedly attacks employees
- NJ state police trooper among 3 injured in crash
- Winter's Last Blast
59 min ago
- Annie McCormick: Snow in Atlantic City
58 min ago