Bob Dylan cleared to perform in Beijing
HONG KONG (AP) - March 10, 2011 (WPVI) -- Bob Dylan has been cleared to perform in Beijing amid worries that the Chinese government would block his planned shows given the American folk icon's antiestablishment reputation.
China's Ministry of Culture said in a notice posted on its website Thursday that Dylan will be allowed to perform in Beijing between March 30 and April 12.
The website of the Dylan fan magazine ISIS reported earlier that Dylan was scheduled to perform in Beijing on April 6 and Shanghai on April 8, although Dylan's official website doesn't list those tour dates.
The Chinese Ministry of Culture did not immediately post approval for the Shanghai show.
Hong Kong, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Snow today, heavy at times 10 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Photos: Winter storm forecast maps
- Gunman fires shots through window, teens wounded 9 min ago
- Arrest made in Beats headphone murder
- 2 arrested for violent Center City attack
- Thief steals $17K from Philadelphia charter school
- 2 PSU students charged with ethnic intimidation
- Teen shot and killed in Wilmington
- 2K get meningitis B vaccinations at Princeton
- US Airways, American merger complete
- Rachael Ray's cookbook competition
- Snow today, heavy at times
10 min ago
- Gunman fires shots through window, teens...
9 min ago