DNA test rules out Don Francisco in paternity case
SANTIAGO, Chile (AP) - March 16, 2011 (WPVI) -- A DNA test shows no match between TV's Don Francisco and a Chilean man claiming to be the talk show host's son, an attorney said Wednesday.
The 70-year-old entertainer, whose real name is Mario Kreutzberger, had left Miami where he usually hosts the "Sabado Gigante" show on Univision to go to Chile to deal with the claims against him.
Lawyer Santiago Montenegro said that a DNA test indicates Kreutzberger is not the father of Patricio Flores Mundaca. But the attorney, who represents the plaintiff's siblings, says he may seek more DNA tests.
A prosecutor, meanwhile, is investigating an allegation that someone tried to bribe a lab worker to alter the DNA results on the TV host's behalf. Kreutzberger says he had nothing to do with any such attempt.
Univision spokeswoman Monica Talan said a new episode of his show is being taped this Saturday.
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Malaysian leader: plane's disappearance deliberate
- Breezy And Mild!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2 couples robbed at gunpoint in North Philly
- Fire forces 11 people from their homes
- Driver crashes SUV into pole in East Falls, DUI suspected
- Renovation competitors fight at Phila. fire scenes
- Moving day for Oak Lane Garden residents
- SEPTA union agrees to delay strike
- 100 plus weight loss journey to healthy living
- Boyd Theatre to be demolished, rebuilt
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos