DNA test rules out Don Francisco in paternity case
SANTIAGO, Chile (AP) - March 16, 2011 (WPVI) -- A DNA test shows no match between TV's Don Francisco and a Chilean man claiming to be the talk show host's son, an attorney said Wednesday.
The 70-year-old entertainer, whose real name is Mario Kreutzberger, had left Miami where he usually hosts the "Sabado Gigante" show on Univision to go to Chile to deal with the claims against him.
Lawyer Santiago Montenegro said that a DNA test indicates Kreutzberger is not the father of Patricio Flores Mundaca. But the attorney, who represents the plaintiff's siblings, says he may seek more DNA tests.
A prosecutor, meanwhile, is investigating an allegation that someone tried to bribe a lab worker to alter the DNA results on the TV host's behalf. Kreutzberger says he had nothing to do with any such attempt.
Univision spokeswoman Monica Talan said a new episode of his show is being taped this Saturday.
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Skydiver ID'd in fatal Washing Twp. accident 26 min ago
- 70s Return This Week 5 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- $10K to $30K stolen in Target armed robbery 8 min ago
- I-95 reopens after car catches fire 11 min ago
- Person of interest ID'd in Collingdale hit-and-run
- Residents displaced after West Philadelphia fire 22 min ago
- 4 injured in Route 295 crash 10 min ago
- Camden teen reported missing
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite
- Oscar Mayer hot dogs recalled due to misbranding
- Photos: Pictures from Easter Sunday services
- Photos: Jamie Apody welcomes Baby Chase!
- Skydiver ID'd in fatal Washing Twp. accident
26 min ago