Singer Ne-Yo creates show for Cartoon Network
NEW YORK (AP) - March 11, 2011 (WPVI) -- Ne-Yo has written many hit songs - and now he's taking writing to a new level.
The Grammy winner told The Associated Press in an interview Friday that he closed a deal with Cartoon Network to produce his own show.
The cartoon is called "I Heart Tuesdays" and Ne-Yo said production starts soon.
He said the show is about "a 16-year-old girl that inherits the curse of her bloodline and she's forced to save the world from the unknown evil every Tuesday for the rest of her life."
A message seeking comment from the network was not immediately returned.
Ne-Yo said he created the show "for his sister."
The platinum-selling singer-songwriter also says he's putting together a line of hats.
Ne-Yo stars in the new film "Battle: LA," in theaters Friday. He had his first child in November. His latest CD, "Libra Scale," was also released in November.
ne yo, music, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Photos: AccuWeather Maps: Snow arrives 12 min ago
- Snow will turn the ground white again! 3 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Woman, 98, injured in Powelton high-rise fire 13 min ago
- Mike Schmidt reveals skin cancer battle
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by car
- Malaysian police examine pilot's flight simulator
- Crimeans vote to leave Ukraine, join Russia 14 min ago
- Delaware man suspected in 14 different thefts
- NJ salon customer allegedly attacks employees 20 min ago
- NJ state police trooper among 3 injured in crash
- Police: Man strikes own brother in hit and run
- Book 'em! Wilmington cop donates books to kids
- Snow will turn the ground white again!
3 min ago
- Crimeans vote to leave Ukraine, join Russia
14 min ago