Singer Ne-Yo creates show for Cartoon Network
NEW YORK (AP) - March 11, 2011 (WPVI) -- Ne-Yo has written many hit songs - and now he's taking writing to a new level.
The Grammy winner told The Associated Press in an interview Friday that he closed a deal with Cartoon Network to produce his own show.
The cartoon is called "I Heart Tuesdays" and Ne-Yo said production starts soon.
He said the show is about "a 16-year-old girl that inherits the curse of her bloodline and she's forced to save the world from the unknown evil every Tuesday for the rest of her life."
A message seeking comment from the network was not immediately returned.
Ne-Yo said he created the show "for his sister."
The platinum-selling singer-songwriter also says he's putting together a line of hats.
Ne-Yo stars in the new film "Battle: LA," in theaters Friday. He had his first child in November. His latest CD, "Libra Scale," was also released in November.
ne yo, music, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- AccuWeather: Enjoy the Easter sunshine! 50 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Sign up for Facebook Flash
- Man shot, killed in Gloucester Twp. apartment 28 min ago
- Girl hospitalized after near-drowning in Philly hotel 40 min ago
- Man targeted in Collingdale hit-and-run ID'd
- Missing boater in Del. River ID'd, search called off
- Armed robbery at Target on Roosevelt Boulevard
- Pedestrian struck, killed by truck in Rhawnhurst
- Sex assault on West Chester University campus
- Stabbing at Hamilton Mall in Mays Landing
- Good Samaritans help nab alleged purse snatchers
- Lumberton brush fire considered 'suspicious'
- AccuWeather: Enjoy the Easter sunshine!
50 min ago