Doherty questioned in German record shop break-in
BERLIN (AP) - March 11, 2011 (WPVI) -- German police say rocker Pete Doherty is suspected of involvement in a break-in at a record shop during which a guitar and a record were stolen.
The theft in the southern city of Regensburg happened early Tuesday. Police in Regensburg said Friday a witness reported one of the three people involved was the 31-year-old Briton, who was in the city to work on a film.
They say Doherty and a German companion were questioned Thursday.
Police say the men told investigators they were on their way back from a bar crawl when one of the trio hit the window of the shop, which broke. They say the men said they couldn't remember details of what happened next because of how much they had drunk.
The guitar and record sleeve were later found in Regensburg's streets. No charges had been filed.
germany, theft, music, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids
- Freeze Warning overnight
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Delco man missing after leaving medical facility
- Lehigh University suspends frat in vandalism case
- All-clear given after Liberty H.S. lockdown
- Ferry sinks off South Korea; 6 dead, 290 missing
- Mom sought after daughter, 11, shot and killed
- Voorhees police need help identifying this man
- Burlco man charged in brother's hit-and-run death
- Chestnut Hill College student found dead
- Made In America Festival in Philly and LA
- Photos: Royal family kicks off tour of Australia