Doherty questioned in German record shop break-in
BERLIN (AP) - March 11, 2011 (WPVI) -- German police say rocker Pete Doherty is suspected of involvement in a break-in at a record shop during which a guitar and a record were stolen.
The theft in the southern city of Regensburg happened early Tuesday. Police in Regensburg said Friday a witness reported one of the three people involved was the 31-year-old Briton, who was in the city to work on a film.
They say Doherty and a German companion were questioned Thursday.
Police say the men told investigators they were on their way back from a bar crawl when one of the trio hit the window of the shop, which broke. They say the men said they couldn't remember details of what happened next because of how much they had drunk.
The guitar and record sleeve were later found in Regensburg's streets. No charges had been filed.
germany, theft, music, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Officers drive into hail of gunfire in N. Phila. 5 min ago
- AccuWeather: Lots of clouds, some SE rain 15 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Shots fired into a Philadelphia firehouse
- 3 Phila. schools closed Friday, staff relocated
- How to safeguard your computer against kidnappers
- Retired Philly cop charged with assaulting teen
- Police: Gloucester Co. woman's death a homicide
- Police search for missing Philadelphia couple
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Resident return to assess damage from Ewing explosion
- K9 unit leads police to burglary suspect in Medford
- Upper Darby cop charged with DUI in hit-and-run
- AccuWeather: Lots of clouds, some SE rain
15 min ago