Richard Hatch appeals, asks to turn himself in later
PROVIDENCE, R.I. (AP) - March 14, 2011 (WPVI) -- Reality TV star Richard Hatch has asked a federal appellate court to hear his appeal after a judge sentenced him last week to nine months in prison for failing to pay taxes on the $1 million he won on the first season of the CBS show "Survivor."
Richard Hatch has asked the 1st U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals in Boston to hear his case.
He has also asked that the judge reconsider an order compelling him to surrender to U.S. marshals Monday.
In court documents, Hatch says he is helping his sister with her businesses and has several unidentified projects in negotiations. He says he needs time to put those affairs in order and that he wants instead to surrender to prison officials once they determine the details of his incarceration.
taxes, rhode island, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Partial house collapse in Strawberry Mansion 20 min ago
- Brief Surge of Mild Air
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Man,90, dies in Hamilton Township house fire 39 min ago
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion 10 min ago
- 2 injured in NJ Turnpike crash in Mt. Laurel
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom
- Cabbie allegedly locks doors in credit card dispute
- Vietnam vet's therapy dog missing in Lehigh Valley
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp....
10 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos