Richard Hatch appeals, asks to turn himself in later
PROVIDENCE, R.I. (AP) - March 14, 2011 (WPVI) -- Reality TV star Richard Hatch has asked a federal appellate court to hear his appeal after a judge sentenced him last week to nine months in prison for failing to pay taxes on the $1 million he won on the first season of the CBS show "Survivor."
Richard Hatch has asked the 1st U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals in Boston to hear his case.
He has also asked that the judge reconsider an order compelling him to surrender to U.S. marshals Monday.
In court documents, Hatch says he is helping his sister with her businesses and has several unidentified projects in negotiations. He says he needs time to put those affairs in order and that he wants instead to surrender to prison officials once they determine the details of his incarceration.
taxes, rhode island, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Missing Phila. boy hit by car in Upper Darby
- Foggy, cloudy, mild today
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Pizza delivery man shot in Overbrook
- Police officer's SUV stolen with gun, badge 18 min ago
- Chester Co. firefighters called to Md. pet shop fire
- Coffins unearthed at North Philly school 30 min ago
- Attack in Center City caught on camera
- Police: Threat to father used in phone scam
- No jackets for North Philadelphia cheer squad
- Prosecutor: Sex investigation of FSU QB over
- Video: Topless woman chases peeper from Kohl's
- Video: First dog knocks down toddler at White House