Alley takes a tumble on 'Dancing with the Stars'
LOS ANGELES (AP) - April 5, 2011 (WPVI) -- Kirstie Alley and "Dancing with the Stars" partner Maksim Chmerkovskiy have taken a tumble in the ballroom during the live performance show.
Just seconds into their rumba routine to "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" on Monday, Maksim Chmerkovskiy fell to the floor, taking the 60-year-old actress down with him.
A limping, apologetic Chmerkovskiy later told the judges that his thigh "just gave out."
After a few moments the pair recovered and went on to earn the praise of the judges and a score of 21 - one point higher than their score for last week's quickstep.
Judge Carrie Ann Inaba says, "Sometimes tragedy leads to amazingly beautiful moments."
dancing with the stars, kirstie alley, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Pa. Turnpike reopens after multi-vehicle crash
- Temps Soar
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish 9 min ago
- Volleyball coach accused of sex with student
- Shots fired at home in Lower Gwynedd
- 2 men sought in Deptford Twp. hotel robbery
- Quick moving blaze damages house in West Philly
- Car plunges into lake in Vineland, victims ID'd
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Philippine mayor among 4 killed at Manila airport
- Is heroin addiction as close as your medicine cabinet?
- Woman's secret Santa turns out to be Bill Gates
- Temps Soar