James Taylor breaks leg while skiing in Utah
BOSTON, MASSACHUSETTS - March 16, 2011 (WPVI) -- James Taylor has broken his leg and injured his shoulder during a ski vacation with his family in Utah.
In an e-mail, an assistant for the Grammy-winning singer-songwriter confirms a report in Tuesday's Boston Globe that Taylor fractured his leg Monday on the first day of the vacation in Utah.
The e-mail released no further details.
The report says Taylor had doctors fashion a splint that would allow him to keep skiing.
Taylor was among 20 artists, scholars and writers honored by President Barack Obama at the White House earlier this month in a salute to the arts and humanities.
music, grammy awards, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Pa. Trooper's wife hit by accidental gun discharge 20 min ago
- AccuWeather: Lots of clouds, some SE rain
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police car crash leads to chase in N. Phila.
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Phila. police seek missing special needs woman
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Gun falls out of sock, kills thrift store worker
- Couple accused of letting 2-year-old smoke pot
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip 27 min ago
- 2 NJ men sentenced for bogus 9/11 charity 17 min ago
- 3 arrests in Cumberland Co. arsons
- Photos: Arrests in warrant sweep, jewel theft, more