New Kevin Spacey avoids Chinese import quotas
HONG KONG (AP) - March 16, 2011 (WPVI) --
Chinese-American director Dayyan Eng told The Associated Press in an e-mail that Spacey enjoyed his shoot in the southern Chinese city Guangzhou. Eng says the two-time Oscar winner explored the city's restaurants and took him and other crew members to them.
In "Inseparable," Spacey plays an American expat who befriends a Chinese man bogged down by work and marital problems, played by Chinese-American actor Daniel Wu.
By choosing a Chinese-funded production, Spacey gains exposure to the booming Chinese market by avoiding import quotas imposed on American productions.
china, kevin spacey, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- 1 dead, multiple in custody after Logan standoff
- AccuWeather: Weather Whiplash
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Pedestrian struck in North Philadelphia
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Volunteer brutally assaulted outside Lehigh Co. church
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Malaysian military: Missing jet changed course
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Photos: Pictures of planned Old city luxury tower