Foster grateful for Gibson role in new movie
AUSTIN, Texas (AP) - March 17, 2011 (WPVI) -- Jodie Foster premiered the quirky but dark movie "The Beaver" at the South by Southwest Film Festival, saying she's grateful for the performance by troubled actor and friend Mel Gibson.
The film follows a depressed toy company executive who picks up a hand puppet beaver and uses it to separate himself from the negative aspects of his personality that are destroying his family and career. Foster directed and plays Gibson's wife.
Mel Gibson recently was sentenced to 36 months of probation and ordered to attend 52 weeks of domestic violence counseling after pleading no contest to a charge of spousal battery. He did not attend Wednesday night's premiere in Austin, Texas.
Jodie Foster says Gibson has a deep, struggling soul and perfectly understood his role in the film.
mel gibson, texas, movies, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Charges dropped against fmr. Montco GOP leader
- This is now Philly's 2nd snowiest winter
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Family of injured Harrah's racer sues casino
- Suspect sought in NE Phila. Wawa robbery 1 min ago
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Greyhound passengers stranded for hours in Del.
- Officer-involved accident in Ewing Township 53 min ago
- Snow plow overturns on I-95 in Delaware 34 min ago
- New uncertainty about missing Malaysian plane 48 min ago
- Obama announces sanctions against Russians
- Mick Jagger's girlfriend found dead in NYC
- Photos: Pictures from Phila. St. Patrick's Parade