Taylor Swift celebrates 20 million sales in London
LONDON (AP) - March 30, 2011 (WPVI) -- Taylor Swift ended her European tour on a celebratory note: Not only did she perform in front of thousands of fans, she got an honor for reaching the 20 million mark in worldwide album sales.
A giddy Swift was given a plaque commemorating the milestone before her sold-out concert Wednesday night at the O2 Arena.
"It's just sort of beyond my comprehension to get a plaque like that, and the fact the fans have done that much for me in such a short period of time is unreal, and I'm so excited and so thankful," she told The Associated Press after the presentation.
The 21-year-old Grammy-winner released her latest multiplatinum effort, "Speak Now," last fall. It's just the third album of her young career.
She launched an international tour this year that took her to Asia and Europe. It wrapped up with her London concert. She called the trek a "life-changing experience."
"I couldn't think of a more perfect way to end this European run. I've gotten to experience just parts of the world I never thought I'd get to see, nonetheless play shows in and have the crowds singing the words back to me," she said.
She spent much of her downtime sight-seeing - and shopping.
"I got so much stuff; I don't know how I'm going to get it home with me," she said of one of her London antique shopping sprees.
Swift is due to start her North American tour in Omaha, Neb., on May 27. She'll be in Nashville on Sunday for the Academy of Country Music awards, where she's set to perform. She's also up for four awards, including entertainer of the year.
london, taylor swift, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Parking dispute turns violent at Cherry Hill Mall
- Sunny and chilly 59 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Residents return following Bucks Co. hazmat
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Man, 22, dies after shooting in Chester 21 min ago
- SEPTA trolley collides with taxi in West Philadelphia
- Man gets pinned under van in Logan crash
- Man seriously injured in crash on Roosevelt Blvd.
- Gunfire erupts on Delaware Ave. near SugarHouse Casino
- Malaysia jet may have turned back
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Sunny and chilly
59 min ago