Zsa Zsa Gabor hospitalized after Liz Taylor death
LOS ANGELES (AP) - March 24, 2011 (WPVI) -- Zsa Zsa Gabor's publicist says the shock of Elizabeth Taylor's death made Gabor fear she was next and sent her to the hospital with high blood pressure.
John Blanchette says the 94-year-old celebrity was watching the news Wednesday morning at her Los Angeles home when she learned her friend and one-time neighbor had died. Blanchette says Gabor was inconsolable and commented: "Oh, Jane Russell and Liz Taylor - I'm next."
That's a reference to the common myth that celebrity deaths come in threes.
Blanchette says Gabor's blood pressure soared and she was taken to the hospital until Monday evening.
Gabor has been in ill health and her right leg was partially amputated in January.
But Blanchette calls her a fighter and adds: "She's not going to be the third."
zsa zsa gabor, elizabeth taylor, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Cab driver shot outside Hunting Park nightclub 8 min ago
- Wintry Weekend
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Man critically injured in Camden County crash
- 4 shot outside Delaware nightclub 51 min ago
- More of US expected to see snow, sleet, ice
- Pearl Harbor ceremony marks bombing anniversary 54 min ago
- Teacher says he was fired because he is gay
- 2nd suspect surrenders in Christmas package theft
- Temple University cuts 7 intercollegiate sports
- Residents displaced after high-rise fire 6 min ago
- NKorea says it deported US tourist and war vet
- Victim ID'd in deadly Wilmington hit-and-run
- Cab driver shot outside Hunting Park...
8 min ago
- 4 shot outside Delaware nightclub
51 min ago