Prince Charles and Camilla visit Portugal
LISBON, Portugal (AP) - March 28, 2011 (WPVI) -- Britain's Prince Charles and his wife Camilla have begun an official visit to Portugal, kicking off a 10-day tour that will also take them to Spain and Morocco.
They were due to meet Monday with Portuguese President Anibal Cavaco Silva and attend a state banquet at the presidential "pink palace." On Tuesday Prince Charles was to visit Evora, a city in Portugal's southeast, and meet with business leaders.
The royal visit comes as Portugal is in the grip of a political and financial crisis that many expect will force it to seek an international bailout like Greece and Ireland.
Charles also has plenty on his mind - his eldest son Prince William is due to marry Kate Middleton on April 29 in London.
prince charles, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- 2 winners in $636M Mega Millions drawing
- Brisk And Cold
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Water main break causes river of ice in Cherry Hill
- Husband charged with wife's murder in Bethlehem 36 min ago
- Phila. attorney Charles Peruto, Sr. dies
- 3 injured in car crash in Pennsauken
- Fire damages South Philadelphia apartment
- Man shot several times in stomach in Chester 23 min ago
- Police: Job applicant stole from tip jar 29 min ago
- Dramatic video released of violent 7-Eleven robbery
- Coach charged with sexually assaulting 4 more victims
- 91-year-old man stabbed, robbed in Egg Harbor