Prince Charles and Camilla visit Portugal
LISBON, Portugal (AP) - March 28, 2011 (WPVI) -- Britain's Prince Charles and his wife Camilla have begun an official visit to Portugal, kicking off a 10-day tour that will also take them to Spain and Morocco.
They were due to meet Monday with Portuguese President Anibal Cavaco Silva and attend a state banquet at the presidential "pink palace." On Tuesday Prince Charles was to visit Evora, a city in Portugal's southeast, and meet with business leaders.
The royal visit comes as Portugal is in the grip of a political and financial crisis that many expect will force it to seek an international bailout like Greece and Ireland.
Charles also has plenty on his mind - his eldest son Prince William is due to marry Kate Middleton on April 29 in London.
prince charles, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Delco school on lockdown amid standoff 6 min ago
- AccuWeather: mild today, rain Wednesday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Reward offered in Collingdale hit-and-run
- Turnpike officials: Road plowed, salted before pileup
- Malaysian military says missing jet changed course
- 6 students hurt in Camden Co. school bus crash
- 2nd suspect sought in finger-biting attack
- Woman shot in bed in South Philadelphia
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police 29 min ago