Enrique Iglesias won't join Britney Spears on tour
NEW YORK (AP) - March 29, 2011 (WPVI) -- Enrique Iglesias won't be joining Britney Spears on an upcoming tour despite her announcement that he would.
Spears said Tuesday morning on ABC's "Good Morning America" that the pair would be hitting the road together.
Iglesias representative Gary Mantoosh said later in a statement to The Associated Press his client and Spears won't tour "despite initial reports based on formal discussions of the possible run."
The statement says Iglesias "is very sorry for the confusion this might have caused to anyone." It says the Latin singer respects Spears and is a fan of her work.
Igelesias is on tour in Europe.
Spears on Tuesday released her seventh album, "Femme Fatale." Her U.S. tour kicks off June 17 in Sacramento, Calif.
A representative for the pop singer hasn't returned an email seeking comment.
britney spears, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Multi-vehicle crash on Schuylkill Expressway 11 min ago
- Warmer Weekend
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in Overbrook shooting
- Arrest in death of retired Villanova professor 9 min ago
- Ransomeware a growing cyber threat for thousands 15 min ago
- Runway littered with holiday mail
- Student robbed at gunpoint inside Philly school 17 min ago
- Missing 2-year-old found, mom's ex-boyfriend arrested 13 min ago
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish
- Pa. Turnpike reopens after multi-vehicle crash
- Fmr. Montco GOP chairman to stand trial for rape
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ
- Student robbed at gunpoint inside Philly...
17 min ago