Schwarzenegger back in show biz with 'Governator'
NEW YORK (AP) - March 30, 2011 (WPVI) -- With his years as governor behind him, Arnold Schwarzenegger will soon return to his acting career with a new animated TV series.
The planned action-comedy cartoon is called "The Governator," according to A Squared Entertainment, a partner in the venture. It will focus on a superhero living a double life as an ordinary family man. Schwarzenegger will provide the voice of the title character.
Comic-book legend Stan Lee is another partner in the project, which will be officially announced Monday at the MIPTV trade show in Cannes, France.
The series is planned as the first stage of a franchise that could also include comics and films.
new york, movies, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Pa. Trooper's wife hit by accidental gun discharge 12 min ago
- AccuWeather: Lots of clouds, some SE rain
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police car crash leads to chase in N. Phila.
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Phila. police seek missing special needs woman
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Gun falls out of sock, kills thrift store worker
- Couple accused of letting 2-year-old smoke pot
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip 19 min ago
- 2 NJ men sentenced for bogus 9/11 charity 9 min ago
- 3 arrests in Cumberland Co. arsons
- Photos: Arrests in warrant sweep, jewel theft, more