Britney Spears sued for $10M over fragrance deal
LOS ANGELES (AP) - March 30, 2011 (WPVI) -- A brand marketing company has sued Britney Spears for more than $10 million claiming they were cut out of a deal for the singer's fragrance line.
Brand Sense Partners LLC sued the pop singer and her father in Los Angeles on Wednesday, claiming the pair renegotiated a royalties deal with cosmetics company Elizabeth Arden last year. The lawsuit claims the new deal cut Brand Sense out of its 35 percent commission on Spears' fragrance line.
The fragrance deal was first made in 2004.
An email message to Spears' publicist, Jeff Raymond, was not immediately returned.
Spears' father, Jamie Spears, controls his daughter's financial affairs along with an attorney as part of a court-ordered conservatorship established in 2008.
The lawsuit was first reported Wednesday by celebrity website RadarOnline.com.
los angeles, britney spears, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Parking dispute turns violent at Cherry Hill Mall 37 min ago
- Milder Monday 7 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Victim shot 7 times in Kensington
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Winslow Twp. crash 37 min ago
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown 4 min ago
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- 2 wounded in daytime shooting in Trenton
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door 9 min ago
- 2 dozen injured as California school stage falls 37 min ago
- Del. worker hospitalized after pretzel factory accident
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Parking dispute turns violent at Cherry...
37 min ago
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
4 min ago
- Kevin Grow suits up with Harlem Globetrotters
15 min ago
- Milder Monday
7 min ago