Judge Judy hospitalized for undisclosed ailment
LOS ANGELES (AP) - March 30, 2011 (WPVI) -- TV's "Judge Judy" is hospitalized in Los Angeles for an undisclosed condition.
A spokesman for 68-year-old Judy Sheindlin says the judge is "feeling much better" after being taken from her show taping by ambulance to Cedars-Sinai Medical Center on Wednesday.
Publicist Gary Rosen says Sheindlin will be released from the hospital on Thursday.
Los Angeles Fire Department spokesman Erik Scott confirmed that a female patient was taken from Sunset Bronson Studios to a local hospital after dispatchers received a 911 call about a medical emergency. She was admitted in serious condition.
Sheindlin presides over small-claims cases on her syndicated show, "Judge Judy."
Rosen says she will return to taping her show as scheduled on April 12.
los angeles, hospitals, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Police: Man targeted in hit-and-run crash 36 min ago
- Egg-cellent holiday weekend
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Family pets die in house blaze in Newark, Del.
- Captain of sunken S. Korean ferry, 2 crew arrested
- Search teams recover body of 13th Sherpa 56 min ago
- Police: Store owner victimizes teens with Taser
- Pedestrian struck by train in Plymouth Meeting
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater
- Photos: Pictures of out-of-control boat on the Del....
- Miley Cyrus still hospitalized, postpones Philly show
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Teen suspended for asking Miss America to prom