5 Browns dad set for sentencing in abuse case
PROVO, Utah (AP) - March 31, 2011 (WPVI) -- The father of the renowned piano group The 5 Browns is set to be sentenced in Utah on charges that he sexually abused his three daughters when they were children.
Keith S. Brown, 55, pleaded guilty to one first-degree felony count of sodomy on a child and two second-degree felony counts of sexual abuse of a child in February.
On Thursday, Fourth District Judge David Mortensen is expected to order Brown serve a 10 years to life in the Utah State Prison.
Brown's three daughters and two sons make up The 5 Browns, whose albums have topped the classical music charts. The group has appeared on "Oprah," and "60 Minutes."
The daughters, who are now adults, are estranged from their father. They reported the abuse to authorities last year.
five browns, sentencing, utah, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Montco hall closes weeks before bride's wedding
- Clouds to sun, cool today 21 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Search continues for robbers in armored car heist
- 12 dead in Mt. Everest avalanche
- Penn State police: 3 posed nude at Nittany shrine 53 min ago
- Vice principal commits suicide after ferry accident 21 min ago
- Stalkers have QVC host living in fear
- McNabb serves 1-day sentence after DUI arrest
- Photos: Suspects in Ocean Co. child porn sweep
- 13 pound baby born at Delco hospital
- WWII vet gets anonymous surprise in Bucks Co.
- Video: Hero twins yell, hit carjacker to escape