'American Idol' sends 2 finalists home
LOS ANGELES (AP) - March 31, 2011 (WPVI) -- Naima Adedapo and Thia Megia are no longer standing on "American Idol."
The earthy 26-year-old dance instructor from Milwaukee and the breathy 16-year-old high school student from Mountain House, Calif., were booted from the Fox talent competition Thursday after "Idol" host Ryan Seacrest revealed they garnered the fewest viewer votes following their respective renditions Wednesday of Elton John's "I'm Still Standing" and "Daniel."
The pair was sent packing after the judges overturned viewers' votes last week to save quirky 20-year-old film camp counselor Casey Abrams, who redeemed himself Wednesday with a tender rendition of "Your Song." Joining the duo in the bottom three was smiley 26-year-old singer-songwriter Paul McDonald from Nashville, Tenn., who crooned "Rocket Man."
Another finalist will be eliminated next week.
american idol, los angeles, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Arrest in death of retired Villanova professor
- Record Warmth! 20 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in Overbrook shooting
- Multi-vehicle crash on Schuylkill Expressway
- Ransomeware a growing cyber threat for thousands
- Runway littered with holiday mail
- Student robbed at gunpoint inside Philly school
- Video released of AK-47 robbery in Wynnefield
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ
- Missing 2-year-old found, mom's ex-boyfriend arrested
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish
- Video: Flyers' Hartnell co-authors children's book
- Record Warmth!
20 min ago