'American Idol' sends 2 finalists home
LOS ANGELES (AP) - March 31, 2011 (WPVI) -- Naima Adedapo and Thia Megia are no longer standing on "American Idol."
The earthy 26-year-old dance instructor from Milwaukee and the breathy 16-year-old high school student from Mountain House, Calif., were booted from the Fox talent competition Thursday after "Idol" host Ryan Seacrest revealed they garnered the fewest viewer votes following their respective renditions Wednesday of Elton John's "I'm Still Standing" and "Daniel."
The pair was sent packing after the judges overturned viewers' votes last week to save quirky 20-year-old film camp counselor Casey Abrams, who redeemed himself Wednesday with a tender rendition of "Your Song." Joining the duo in the bottom three was smiley 26-year-old singer-songwriter Paul McDonald from Nashville, Tenn., who crooned "Rocket Man."
Another finalist will be eliminated next week.
american idol, los angeles, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Standoff leaves 1 dead, several in custody 1 min ago
- AccuWeather: Very warm today, very cold tonight 35 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2 men shot inside Feltonville bar 10 min ago
- Triple shooting leaves 1 dead in West Oak Lane 17 min ago
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Cat found hanging from fence in Germantown
- Pedestrian struck in North Philadelphia
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Photos: Philly's unsolved missing child cases
- 2 men shot inside Feltonville bar
10 min ago
- Triple shooting leaves 1 dead in West Oak...
17 min ago
- Standoff leaves 1 dead, several in custody
1 min ago