Report: Rutgers paid 'Snooki' more than Nobel winner
PISCATAWAY, N.J. (AP) - April 1, 2011 (WPVI) -- The pouf is mightier than the pen when it comes to speaking fees at New Jersey's largest university.
The Rutgers University Programming Association paid Nicole "Snooki" Polizzi of the reality TV show "Jersey Shore" $32,000 Thursday to dish on her hairstyle, fist pumps, as well as the GTL - gym, tanning, laundry - lifestyle.
That's $2,000 more than the $30,000 the university is paying Nobel-winning novelist Toni Morrison to deliver Rutgers' commencement address in May.
Money for Polizzi's appearance came from the mandatory student activity fee.
Freshman Adham Abdel-Raouf told The Star-Ledger of Newark he thought the price was a bargain given Snooki's popularity. Another freshman, Dan Oliveto, said it was a waste of money.
Snooki's advice to students: "Study hard, but party harder."
Information from: The Star-Ledger
snooki, new jersey, college, rutgers university, jersey shore, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Parking dispute turns violent at Cherry Hill Mall
- Sunny and chilly
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Mutilated animal found in North Philadelphia 37 min ago
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door 58 min ago
- Mom accused of driving into surf goes before judge 56 min ago
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Residents return following Bucks Co. hazmat
- Man, 22, dies after shooting in Chester
- Man seriously injured in crash on Roosevelt Blvd.
- Gunfire erupts on Delaware Ave. near SugarHouse Casino
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Vietnam says it may have found missing...
58 min ago