Prince Harry prepares for Arctic trek
LONDON (AP) - April 2, 2011 (WPVI) -- Prince Harry says he hopes that he will be able to start an Arctic trek with a group of wounded soldiers this weekend.
The younger prince and a group of wounded servicemen were due to set off on their expedition to raise funds for the Walk With The Wounded charity last week but bad weather delayed their plans.
Harry has spent the last five days with the group on the Norwegian Island of Spitsbergen waiting for the weather to improve. He said Saturday that the group now plans to begin the trek Sunday afternoon.
He will now camp with the group for four nights. The rest of the team will continue to the North Pole. Their goal is to raised 2 million pounds ($3.2 million) through donations and sponsorships.
prince harry, london, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- China: Vietnam detects signals from missing plane 6 min ago
- Get ready for a break from the winter chill
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Pedestrian struck, killed in Delaware County 9 min ago
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco 2 min ago
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge 4 min ago
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- 3 arrests in Cumberland Co. arsons
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: Arrests in warrant sweep, jewel theft, more
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos