Taylor Swift wins ACM entertainer of the year
LAS VEGAS (AP) - April 3, 2011 (WPVI) -- Taylor Swift captured entertainer of the year at the Academy of Country Music awards Sunday night, beating out the likes of Keith Urban, Brad Paisley and the night's overall winner, Miranda Lambert.
Swift had been nominated for four awards; it was her only win of the night, but it was the biggest one. An excited and nervous Swift said she was losing her mind after getting the award.
It was the first time 21-year-old had won the night's most prestigious honor; the award is voted on by the fans.
las vegas, taylor swift, music, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- AccuWeather: Easter to be comfortable, breezy 7 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Sign up for Facebook Flash
- Man shot, killed in Gloucester Twp. apartment
- Girl hospitalized after near-drowning in Philly hotel
- Man targeted in Collingdale hit-and-run ID'd
- Missing boater in Del. River ID'd, search called off
- Armed robbery at Target on Roosevelt Boulevard
- Pedestrian struck, killed by truck in Rhawnhurst
- Sex assault on West Chester University campus
- Stabbing at Hamilton Mall in Mays Landing
- Good Samaritans help nab alleged purse snatchers
- Lumberton brush fire considered 'suspicious'
- AccuWeather: Easter to be comfortable, breezy
7 min ago