Glenn Beck leaving his Fox News Channel show
NEW YORK (AP) -April 6, 2011 (WPVI) -- Glenn Beck is leaving his Fox News Channel show later this year.
The network and Beck's company, Mercury Radio Arts, announced the departure on Wednesday. Fox and the company said they will work together to create other projects for Fox News television and digital.
Beck became a sensation almost immediately after jumping from HLN to Fox for an afternoon program. Lately his viewership has declined. He had faced an advertiser boycott that limited the amount of companies that wanted to be a part of his show after saying President Barack Obama had a "deep-seated hatred for white people."
Beck said that he "cannot repay (Fox News chief) Roger (Ailes) for the lessons I've learned and will continue to learn from him and I look forward to starting this new phase of our partnership."
fox news, fox, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- China-bound Malaysian jet vanishes with 239 aboard 8 min ago
- Get ready for a break from the winter chill 19 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Pedestrian struck, killed in Delaware County 28 min ago
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco 21 min ago
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge 23 min ago
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- 3 arrests in Cumberland Co. arsons
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: Arrests in warrant sweep, jewel theft, more
- Get ready for a break from the winter chill
19 min ago
- China-bound Malaysian jet vanishes with 239...
8 min ago
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun...
23 min ago
- Pedestrian struck, killed in Delaware County
28 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos