NYC suit: Paris Hilton kept $60K in borrowed gems
NEW YORK (AP) - April 7, 2011 (WPVI) -- A break-in at Paris Hilton's Los Angeles home has led to a New York lawsuit over $60,000 in borrowed gems. A jeweler's insurer says the celebrity socialite simply held onto them after police gave them back to her.
Insurer Allianz Global sued Hilton on Wednesday. Her spokeswoman says only costume jewelry was recovered by police.
The Munich-based insurer says jeweler Damiani lent Hilton the gems in 2007. The lawsuit says the Damiani jewels were taken along with about $2 million worth of other jewels in the December 2008 burglary.
Police returned a Louis Vuitton bag full of jewelry to Hilton after making arrests in 2009. The suit says Hilton then ignored Allianz' requests to return the Damiani gems.
Five people still face charges in the break-in.
paris hilton, new york city, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Philly to Newark flight forced to make belly landing 42 min ago
- Cloudy And Cooler
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Man found shot and killed in Wynnefield
- 2 injured in head-on crash along MLK Drive
- Mother of 7-year-old hit-and-run victim speaks
- 1 winning Mega Millions ticket sold in New Jersey 35 min ago
- Police: Pa. woman served family poison laced burritos
- Police: Boy, 6, kicked by pony on Lancaster Co. farm dies
- Pedestrian struck by car in Milford, Del. gets cited
- Connecticut commuter trains collide; 70 hospitalized
- Video: Father, son to graduate college together
- Dozens of home remedies right in your kitchen
- Philly to Newark flight forced to make...
42 min ago